Baum Iron Co. (1871)
Originally built for the wholesale grocery firm Steele, Johnson and Co. this building is one of the oldest in the city of Omaha. Built in the Italiante style is features a cast iron storefront that surrounds the first floor door and windows. A fourth floor was added in the early 1880's and a decorative metal cornice was added to the roofline. The Baum Iron Company purchased the building in 1905. At one time this business was the largest midwestern wholesaler of iron products doing business in Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Wyoming, Colorado Utah and Idaho.