Broatch Building (1880)
This structure was built in 1880 by William James Broatch, an early Omaha entrepreneur, who started business in 1874 as Omaha's first heavy hardware wholesaler. As a politican twice he served as the mayor of Omaha.
Constructed in Italianate style with three stories the Broatch Buiding was designed as a warehouse and office and was enlarged to four stories in 1887. In 1979 The building was purchased by architects Bahr, Vermeer and Haecker and completely renovated for use as commercial and office space.